Sitting for periods of time, loading and unloading heavy loads, body positioning, and other factors that contribute to a driver’s timelines can affect the overall health of an employee in the transportation industry. WorkSiteRight can positively affect this industry by helping the drivers reduce pain, establish better behaviors, and give individualized ergonomic recommendations. WorkSiteRight can partner with your company to prevent injuries, care for patients with OSHA-approved first-aid techniques, care for patients with non-work related conditions, consult on body mechanics and ergonomics, complete post-offer, pre-employment exams, or triage for other health conditions. Companies not only save money, but contribute to their employees’ quality of life by helping them feel better.
We tailor our approach to your company
- The transportation industry is responsible for transporting a variety of products short and long distances. Some drivers are also responsible for loading and unloading product. WorkSiteRight programs are unique to the needs of your company.
- The doctor that you have at your site is chosen to be the best fit for your company and culture.
- We manage the program and the doctor that we have placed at your site.
- All on-site programs include time for our providers to complete a WorkSiteWalk© regularly. The doctor, complying with all safety and equipment guidelines, interacts with employees and supervisors as they do their work. This is a time where the doctor can see what the employee’s daily tasks entail and look for pain points. Recommendations on body positioning can be given on the spot. The doctor can also check in with people who have been seen in the past, remind the employee to do exercises, or advise on better ways to complete assigned tasks.
- WorkSiteRight hires Doctors of Chiropractic because the profession specializes in musculoskeletal disorders – a large expense to the transportation industry and painful for employees. No matter the cause of an injury, the Doctor of Chiropractic can help the employee get back to functioning and stay productive.
- WorkSiteRight healthcare providers work with employees to prevent injuries. Our providers are trained to see pain points in the typical duties of the driver that may cause an injury. He or she can advise on improvements in body positioning with repetitive tasks.
- Our providers also encourage all employees to schedule a visit when the pain is small. Having a provider on-site eliminates the time away and cost for care. Employees can prevent an injury from becoming chronic because of the on-site clinic.
Work Injury Care
- Our Doctors of Chiropractic comply with the latest OSHA guidelines regarding first aid. If there is a work injury, our doctors apply soft tissue care and will refer out, as needed.
- WorkSiteRight professionals are trained to understand the ergonomics of workstations and apply the concepts on an individual level. Ergonomics services are part of the full WorkSiteRight on-site programs or can be purchased as a stand-alone service.
- Post-offer, pre-employment screenings are essential to your business’ bottom line. Our Doctors of Chiropractic are trained to complete exams on employees that can give the company direction on what roles are best for specific employees and prevent further injury. Our doctors have helped to discover pre-existing conditions that could have created headaches in the future.
- A-la-carte screening exams can also be a part of our programs. For example, some companies screen for diabetes and others screen for blood pressure.
- Some of our doctors are also trained to complete drug and alcohol testing.
- Sometimes employees have questions regarding their health concerns. The Doctor of Chiropractic is a primary healthcare provider. A primary healthcare provider is a trained point of entry doctor who is able to diagnose and care for all body systems. The doctor will know what can be treated on-site and what should be referred out to different specialty.
Training our Healthcare Providers
- All of our Doctors of Chiropractic already have or are obtaining their On-site Chiropractic Care and Corporate Consulting Certificate.
- Because WorkSiteRight is part of Northwestern Health Sciences University, a research and education institution, we share best practices with our doctors regularly.
- Our Doctors of Chiropractic are held to the high standards of the university when documenting and caring for patients.
- We use electronic health records to document and see the results of our care. We also have a patient portal for the employee to schedule and get reminders to make the process seamless from beginning to end. There is no need for the current staff at the worksite to be involved with these processes.
- Using our data from our electronic health records, your workers’ compensation data, and other site-specific data, we report back on the impact being made at your facility. We have shown a 4:1 hard dollar return on investment with each of our programs within the first year of service.